So far, it’s working out bearably. Similar symptoms to the last two times, but the degree of each is varied.
- The pain in the arm where the IV was administered is fine … getting better already, as with cycle 2. I think we have cracked the delivery mechanism.
- The nausea is worse.
- The peripheral neuropathy is much worse.
- The hicoughs are back – *sigh*
- The tiredness is about the same
- The feet and hands thing (dry cracked skin, ulceration etc) is still mild enough to mitigate with good moisturisers
- Everything tastes of metal again – food and drink. No worse than the other cycles though.
- The ileostomy output is raised, but not enough to cause concern yet
- I’ve noticed that my hair isn’t growing as quickly, though it’s not falling out either – well not yet anyway.
So, on balance I’m still coping fine. But damn, the tablet counts are high again:
- Breakfast: Aspirin (1), Perindopril (1), Dexamethosone (2), Granisetron (1), Codeine (1), Loperamide (2), Capecitabine (4), Metoclopramide (2)
- Lunch: Dexamethosone (2), Loperamide (2), Codeine (1), Metoclopramide (1)
- Tea: Loperamide (2), Codeine (1), Metoclopramide (1), Capecitabine (4)
- Bed: Loperamide (2), Codine (1)
- Grand total: 31 tablets. Shake me, and I rattle 🙂
Still, at least I’m over a third of the way there now.